Follow Me on FaceBook

Monday, January 5, 2009

We Say Goodbye

Saturday January 3rd 2009 we lost our dog Petey. She was 13 years old. She passed on us suddenly at 5:20 pm after eating her dinner and going out to go potty. She came back in and collapsed on the kitchen floor like she was having a seizure. She never came out of it after that. After 20 minutes of seizing up and relaxing she seized up one last time. She had been acting normal that whole day. She followed me around like she always does as I took the down the Christmas decorations and cleaned the house. She always would lay right where I would need to vacuum and she would always have to move. Now she's gone. We all miss her terribly. Tom and I haven't been without a dog for 15 years. It's a very strange feeling. As a family, we've been doing all we can to keep her in our memories. I made a picture collage for the kids so they can show Petey to all their friends. I'm working on a memorial video slideshow of her pictures. I hung the scratchboard portraits of both Petey and Tootsie up together on Saturday before Petey had passed. Now they are together again on the Rainbow Bridge with all of their other canine pals!

1 comment:

Girl Director said...

Our beloved pets, we never forget them and try so hard to move on with our lives. I loved your tribute to your dogs. Got teary eyed reading it. One of my dogs name is Tootsie, too! The portraits are beautiful.

All the best,
Karla