Follow Me on FaceBook

Friday, October 17, 2008

Silver Mobius Pendant

I was given a challenge recently to create a Mobius pendant. One thick enough to be engraved with a message. Mobius pendants that we've seen in catalogs are already engraved and a friend of mine was not interested in any of the messages that were offered so she asked me if I could make her a Mobius pendant so she could put her own message on it.

I didn't think it would be too bad so I made one practice pendant so far. I made this one out of 12 gauge fine silver wire. I hammered the wire and fused the ends together then shaped the twist so the pendant flows nicely. Then I polished it up really shiny. I think this first one turned out great!! I'm really pleased with it. I don't think it is thick enough to get engraved so I ordered some 10 & 8 gauge wire to play with. Here is my first Mobius pendant...

No comments: